Schools & Groups
Logistics & Pricing
- In person (at Majestic View) is $5/student with $40 minimum
- In person (Outreach to your classroom or nearby park) starts at $75 in Arvada, $95 outside Arvada
- Virtual programs start at $40 for up to 50 participants
If you have more than 25 students, be aware we can only accommodate up to three consecutive in-person programs (75 total students) in one day, which would be a 1.5-2 hour field trip at Majestic View.
Pre-K & K (25 minutes each):
- Becoming Butterflies;
- My Five Senses;
- Seed, Leaf, Grow!;
- Feathered Friends; &
- Nature Connections
1st – 3rd grades (40 minutes each):
- Habitat Homes,
- Meet a Mammal,
- Amphibian or Reptile?,
- Bird Expedition, &
- Insect Investigation
3rd – 5th grades (40 minutes each):
- Wetland Discoveries,
- What’s That Life Cycle?
- Life in the Prairie,
- Mammal Detectives, &
- Who Polluted the Water?
Water Wise Classroom Challenge-FREE Program
Majestic View Nature Center invites Arvada 3-5th grade class to take part in a special water conservation and water cycle program, free for Arvada area schools. Submit a program request or contact us if you have any questions/special requests.
- This program is offered as an outreach presentation given outside at your school or virtually on Zoom.
- FREE: This program is fully funded by the City of Arvada Utilities Department for Arvada Schools.
- The presentation is 40-60 minutes and covers the water cycle, water quality & conservation, and water in ecosystems-along with other related topics. Each student also receives a water conservation swag bag.
- We can accommodate up to 50 students per in-person program (if outdoors), or up to 75 virtually. Multiple presentations may be scheduled in one day.
- Students will be requested to participate in at home conservation tasks (timing showers, checking for leaks and other activities). This take home packet is to be completed within one week and may be used for grades if you wish.
- Upon class completion of their packets, and teacher discretion, free pizza will be offered for the participating classroom/grade.
This program is sponsored by the Nature Center and the City of Arvada Utilities Division.
Grant Funding Eligible Schools
Jeffco Outdoors Foundation Schools
- Arvada k-8
- Campbell (Not Campbell Cottages!)
- Dutch Creek
- Glennon Heights
- Green Mountain
- Headstart Preschools
- South Lakewood
Middle Schools Covered:
- North Arvada
- Wheat Ridge
Colorado Parks and Wildlife SOLE Schools 2020-2021 (4th grade only)
- Achieve Academy, Thornton, CO
- Acres Green Elementary, Littleton, CO
- Arrowhead Elementary, Aurora, CO
- Centennial Elementary, Broomfield, CO
- Clyde Miller P-8, Aurora, CO
- Crawford Elementary, Aurora, CO
- Edison Elementary, Denver, CO
- Eiber Elementary, Lakewood, CO
- Lawrence Elementary, Arvada, CO
- McGlone Elementary, Denver, CO
- Montclair School of Academics and Enrichment, Denver, CO
- Murphy Creek K-8, Aurora, CO
- Peiffer Elementary, Littleton, CO
- Pennock Elementary, Brighton, CO
- Pinnacle Charter Academy, Federal Heights, CO
- Roxborough Intermediate, Littleton, CO
- Samuels Elementary, Denver, CO
- Secrest Elementary, Arvada, CO
- Side Creek Elementary, Aurora, CO
- STEM Launch, Thornton, CO
- Vista PEAK Exploratory, Aurora, CO
Thank You Sponsors
We want to thank our sponsors for supporting environmental learning. Funding schools and support our programs ensures access to interpretive connections for all audiences.
To learn more about each of the sponsors mentioned above, please visit our sponsor page.