Request a Program
The Nature Center is the City of Arvada’s environmental education facility. We offer many hands-on, inquiry-based programs to engage kids with nature. Using the nature trails, wetland areas and prairie ecosystems to explore, we connect kids with Arvada’s parks and better understand nature. View available topics from our brochure below.
The Nature Center also has 3,000 square feet, containing hands-on exhibits, wildlife displays, and classrooms. And, just outside is 25,000 square feet of a beautiful water-conserving demonstration garden. Visitors can discover native regionally appropriate plants and wildlife. You can visit the park on your self-guided adventure, or schedule a private virtual program/field trip with your group to accompany your independent explorations.
Whether at the Nature Center, at your school or organization, with your learning pod, or online, any group can request a program. This includes scouts, birthday parties, homeschooling families, teachers, adult groups, day cares, or any party excited about connecting with nature. Programs are booked based on first-come first-serve. Please consider submitting your program request as early as possible, but we do require at least 2 weeks prior to your desired date in order to schedule staff and volunteers.
Click the green button below to submit a program request and we will respond within 1-2 business day with your confirmation. If you have any trouble requesting a program or have further questions, please contact us.
What You Can Book
Virtual (Zoom) Programs-Remote from anywhere
- Virtual Programs are live video interactions on Zoom (password protected) that will include an intro of the zoom platform and topic, short discussion, interactive activities, off-screen challenges, Q&A’s, and wrap-ups/conclusions.
- Does require audio, video or chat features to be available for participants to interact with our educator
- Each virtual program is 25-60 minutes, $40. Topic of your choice or staff recommendation.
In-Person Outreach Programs to You
- Outreach programs can be in a classroom or in a park space near you. Outdoor access is preferred. We will arrive 20-40 minutes prior to program start to set-up materials.
- In-person Outreaches are 30-60 minutes, $70 (in Arvada) or $90 (outside of Arvada)-discounts for multiple programs in a row
In-Person Programs At Majestic View (Field Trips)
- Field trip programs are organized by smaller rotations, each rotation is 25-40 minutes. Maximum of 75 students per field trip.
- In-person field trips are 25 minutes to 2.5 hours, $4/participant with $30 minimum
- See our school & groups page to view grant-eligible schools
Pre-programmed topics are grade-level appropriate and meet Colorado science standards. Custom topics are available by request, including our Water Wise Classroom Challenge (available free to Arvada schools).
Interested in Astronomy?
This is perfect for groups that like astronomy, or just looking at the night-time sky. You can book a private telescope viewing with our 12 inch scope and a naturalist. Viewings start at 60 minutes, $90 (in Arvada) or $120 (outside of Arvada)-discounts for additional hours. Choose “Telescope Viewing” as a program option when requesting a program online. Check sunset times to ensure it will be dark enough for your viewing, please schedule at least 3 weeks out.