Volunteering at Majestic View
Staff and volunteers work towards this mission by teaching public programs, leading interactive activities, attending outreach events, working in our demonstration garden and more. The Nature Center encourages volunteers to share their passions and connect families with nature. As everyone has their own special knowledge or skill, all volunteers are welcome.
Volunteers must be ages 13 or older. Younger persons may accompany an adult volunteer and must be supervised at all times. Other limitations may apply.
Who Do We Need?
Available volunteer positions include:
- Garden Assistant
- Nature Educator
- Nature Center Host
- Outreach & Event Ambassador
- Community Science
- Park Patrol
- Wildlife Monitoring
- Trail Maintenance
- Habitat Restoration
- Animal Caretakers
- Camp Docent
- Additional Opportunities
Click here to open our Volunteer Information Packet for more detailed descriptions of each volunteer position.
Before you can become a volunteer, see if you are able to meet the requirements:
- Submit a volunteer application
- Complete a background check with the City of Arvada
- Complete an interview with Nature Center staff (not required for all positions)
- Attend a New Volunteer training (offered quarterly) and any additional trainings (required for some positions)
- Provide an email address and phone number
Please contact us if accommodations are needed for school requirements or other needs (internships, senior projects, etc.).
By being an active volunteer, you pledge to commit:
- Three (3) hours of volunteer time each month
- USe the Sign-Up Genius to sign up for volunteer slots
- Communicate with staff
Volunteering at the Nature Center is a great way to meet new people, get involved in the community, learn new skills, and make a difference! To show our appreciation for all that volunteers contribute, we also provide:
- Monthly enrichment opportunities, such as field trips to other interpretive sites, social outings, and more
- Quarterly workshops and development opportunities to share ideas and connect
- Volunteer Appreciation Event for volunteers with at least 15 hours of service throughout a given year
- Staff pricing or free programs and facility rental discounts at the Nature center
- Year-end service awards to recognize outstanding participation and contributions
Application Documents And Submission Form
Applications will be reviewed and processed on a quarterly basis. All volunteers are required to complete a criminal background check, some volunteer positions may require a short interview with staff. Second quarter 2023 deadlines are:
- June 15: Application deadline
- June 20-23: Interviews
- June 29 and July 1: Orientation Trainings