Volunteering at Majestic View
Staff and volunteers work towards this mission by teaching public programs, leading interactive activities, attending outreach events, working in our demonstration garden and more. The Nature Center encourages volunteers to share their passions and connect families with nature. As everyone has their own special knowledge or skill, all volunteers are welcome.
Volunteers must be ages 13 or older. Younger persons may accompany an adult volunteer and must be supervised at all times. Other limitations may apply.
Want to help with trail maintenance in the park? Consider Arvada’s Adopt-a-Trail program.
Who Do We Need?
- Teaching–Volunteers teach a variety of school & group programs, as they relate to nature and science. This is needed year-round, especially in late spring and fall on weekday mornings for school field trips. Some programs may be at schools, but most will be at the Nature Center. Teaching volunteers can also create their own programs for certain events and outreaches.
- Hosting-Volunteers engage with visitors during public hours and programs to alleviate staff time by acting as an interpretive ambassador. This can include checking people in for programs, answering questions, guiding interpretive stations or simply providing a welcoming space for visitors.
- Friends of the Garden-Volunteers help our garden grow! This is typically needed during spring and summer to control noxious weeds, control overgrowth, and maintain plant labels.
- Events/Outreach-Volunteers help plan, present, and/or provide an extra pair of hands at our larger events, outreach booths, programs or virtual offerings. Events could include large festivals, day camps, City functions, or private programs.
- Organizational Groups-landscape projects in our garden, trail maintenance, and wildlife data collection
- Other projects as available!
Have a special passion, like bird identification, wildlife research, filing paperwork or even photography? Contact us for more information on how you can assist with other ongoing projects!
In order to help you make your volunteering experience work with your schedule and meet expectations, we do require new volunteers to commit to the below requirements:
- Complete the volunteer application and background check paperwork below. This is required as volunteers may work with or be near children. Then bring these to the Nature Center or send them to MajesticViewNC@arvada.org so we can get to know you! (*Minors do not need background check)
- Commit to 3 hours (one shift) per month. This can be done virtually or connected to remote projects.
- Provide an email and/or phone number for scheduling purposes and updates.
Please contact us if accommodations are needed for school requirements or other needs (internships, senior projects, etc.).
As we rely on volunteers to help our programs run and achieve our mission, we want to show how much we appreciate our volunteers. Here are some of the things our volunteers can enjoy while at Majestic View Nature Center:
- Join monthly field trips to other nature centers, trails, parks or areas align with our mission.
- Enjoy quarterly socials and workshops with fellow volunteers to share ideas and connect.
- Invitation to the Nature Center’s Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast if you complete 15 hours of service throughout a given year.
- Receive staff pricing or free programs and facility rental discounts at the Nature center.
- Earn additional rewards when you show your passion with year-end service awards.