Our camp is designed to encourage wonder and excitement for nature through hands-on activities, games, crafts, and exploration. Campers learn about their environment, gain new skills and develop their confidence by spending time exploring the outdoors.
$150 per camper per week. Includes all supplies and camp t-shirt.
Camp Schedule and Themes
July 11-15: Nature Detectives – Let curiosity be your guide as you learn about nature through inquiry and exploration.
July 18-22: Colorado Plants and Animals – From reptiles, mammals, and birds to flowers, trees, and grasses – explore the wide range of nature living all around you.
July 25-29: Fun with Water – Learn how water is used by plants and animals, explore the park’s lake habitat, and have fun experimenting with the science of water!
August 1-5: Art & Nature – Whether you’re using natural materials to create temporary art or making a painting inspired by nature, it’s time to let your creativity flow!
Daily Camp Hours
8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Drop-off time, free explore and craft time
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Camp activities and park exploration adventures
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pick-up time, free explore and craft time
Majestic View Nature Center
7030 Garrison Street, Arvada
- All cancellation requests received before end of business day on Monday, June 13, 2022, will receive a full refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellation requests made between June 13, 2022, and two weeks prior to the start of a registered session.
- No refund will be given for cancellation requests made within the two weeks prior to the start of a registered session.
- If for any reason Majestic View Nature Center cancels a camp session, campers will receive a full refund or the opportunity to transfer to another session if space is available.
If you would like to sign your child up for camp but are experiencing financial hardship, please consider applying for a scholarship. One scholarship spot will be available for each week of camp. To apply, fill out the scholarship application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your staff to camper ratio? Campers will be supervised at all times by Nature Center Staff. There is an average ratio of 2 teachers for every 12 campers.
- What is your camp structure? Our summer camps are educational, outside, and active programs. Education will be hands-on and engaging, but will require listening, respect, and cooperation by the campers. Educational lessons will be broken up by snack-time, free-time, and other activities. It may be helpful to discuss the educational component with your child before they attend camp to ensure this camp is a good fit.
- Why aren’t you offering full-day camps? The Summer 2022 Nature Camp is the first summer camp offered by the Nature Center. We are gauging the community’s interest in camp offerings with half-day camps and will offer full-day camps in 2023 if there is strong interest in the half-day camps.
- Do you offer any scholarships for low-income families? If you would like to sign your child up for camp but are experiencing financial hardship, please consider applying for a scholarship.