Summer Nature Camps
Our camp is designed to encourage wonder and excitement for nature through hands-on activities, games, crafts, and exploration. Campers learn about their environment, gain new skills and develop their confidence by spending time exploring the outdoors.
$350 per camper per (full day) week. Includes all supplies and camp t-shirt.
See below for approximate schedule but times are subject to change **Please note: snacks and lunches are NOT provided.**
- 8:00-9:00 – Drop-Off & Free Play
- 9:00-9:10 – Welcome & Intro to the Day
- 9:10-10:05 – Activity 1
- 10:05-10:30 – Snack & Free-Play
- 10:30-11:25 – Activity 2
- 11:25-12:25 – Lunch & Free-Play
- 12:30-1:30 – Activity 3
- 1:30-2:30 – Nature Journals/Finish Projects
- 2:30-2:40 – Clean up
- 2:40-4:00 – Free-Play & Pick-Up
Activities vary by day and by weekly theme. Free-play may include crafts/coloring, nature games, or outdoor exploration.
- June 5-9: Nature’s Superpowers: Superman, The Hulk, and Captain Marvel have nothing on tardigrades, ants, and grasshoppers! Discover the amazing abilities of the animals all around us.
- June 12-16: Feathered Friends: Calling all budding bird enthusiasts! From tiny hummingbirds to giant eagles, explore the fascinating world of birds.
- June 19-23: Art & Nature: Whether you’re using natural materials to create temporary art or making a painting inspired by nature, it’s time to let your creativity flow!
- June 26-30: Colorado Plants and Animals: From reptiles, mammals, and birds to flowers, trees, and grasses – explore the wide range of nature living all around you.
- July 10-14: Colorado History: Go on a journey through time to explore Colorado’s fascinating past, from dinosaurs roaming an inland sea and bison roaming a sea of grass to the settling of Arvada.
- July 17-21: Powerful Pollinators: Butterflies, bees, beetles, bats, and birds – oh my! Discover the beauty and importance of the animals that make a living visiting flowers.
- July 24-28: Wilderness Skills: Intrepid explorers unite! Practice observation and tracking, build shelters, filter water, and more as you challenge yourself to learn new skills.
- July 31- August 4: Nature Science: From the microscopic to the cosmic, investigate the world and beyond through questions, experiments, and observations.
- August 7-11: Fun with Water: Follow the fascinating journey of water around the world, learn how water is used by plants and animals, explore the park’s lake habitat, and have fun experimenting with the science of water!
Majestic View Nature Center
7030 Garrison Street, Arvada
- All cancellation requests received before end of business day on Monday, May 15, 2023, will receive a full refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellation requests made between May 15, 2023, and two weeks prior to the start of a registered session.
- No refund will be given for cancellation requests made within the two weeks prior to the start of a registered session.
- If for any reason Majestic View Nature Center cancels a camp session, campers will receive a full refund or the opportunity to transfer to another session if space is available.
If you would like to sign your child up for camp but are experiencing financial hardship, please consider applying for a scholarship. To apply, fill out the scholarship application and email it to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your staff to camper ratio? Campers will be supervised at all times by Nature Center Staff. There is an average ratio of 2 teachers for every 10 students.
- What is your camp structure? Our summer camps are educational, outside, and active programs. Education will be hands-on and engaging, but will require listening, respect, and cooperation by the campers. Educational lessons will be broken up by snack-time, free-time, and other activities. It may be helpful to discuss the educational component with your child before they attend camp to ensure this camp is a good fit.
- Do you offer any scholarships for low-income families? If you would like to sign your child up for camp but are experiencing financial hardship, please consider applying for a scholarship.