Earth Day Poster Contest 2023
Earth Day Poster Contest is Back!
Every day can be Earth day, but once a year people around the world join together to celebrate this special planet we call home. On this day, we invite students to get creative as they share their passion for our Earth. Majestic View wants to see Arvada students share why they believe we should care about Earth by getting artistic! Using this year’s theme of “community connections to nature”, design a poster that would persuade others in our community to take lasting care of our natural resources and teach people how they can protect our ecosystems. The winning poster is determined by the researched content/message, style and creativity.
The artist with the winning poster will receive a tree that may be planted on their school grounds (with school permission) or in an Arvada park of their choice thanks to the support of the Arvada Parks Department. Winners will be announced at the April 22 Earth Day Celebrations at the Nature Center. Students k-12 are invited to participate.
- Posters should be on 12 x 18 paper; any art medium can be used
- Posters must be themed to encourage improving our earth ecosystems, resource use and/or conservation efforts
- Inappropriate language or graphics will automatically disqualify a poster.
- Posters MUST have student, grade & Arvada school name credits, (list nearest school to your home if you are homeschooled or online).
- Include a contact email/phone on the back for winners
- Posters can be dropped off at Majestic View or submitted virtually via scan or photo sent to email@example.com. Posters can also be mailed, but only posters that are received prior to 4/22 will be eligible for review to win.
- All submitted posters will be featured on the Majestic View website and at the Nature Center on Earth Day
- Majestic View will announce the winning poster at the Earth Day Celebration on 4/22 (winner does not need to be present to be eligible win, but must schedule their tree planting by May 5).
Not a student in Arvada? You can still design a poster and submit it to be featured at the Nature Center and be eligible for a honorable mention prize from the Nature’s treasure chest. However, no trees will be awarded to students outside of Arvada.
Winning poster and honorable mentions
We had 55 submission this year! All posters are amazing and artistic, and will be on display at the Nature Center through the end of April.