Author: Anna Hoover
Arvada Trails Day 2021
Celebrate Arvada Trails Your Own Way
Arvada’s Majestic View Nature Center and Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge are celebrating Arvada Trails Day over the first week of June by encouraging everyone to safely get outdoors on many of Arvada Trails with an activity challenge passport. Each day from June 1 to 5 the Nature Center will highlight a different Arvada trail on social media that corresponds with several passport challenges. Then on National Trails Day, Saturday, June 5, Majestic View and Two Ponds will offer families to join in various trail activities and presentations.
Depending on COVID restrictions, in person presentations will require pre-registration and will still follow local health mandates (masks must be worn).
Two Ponds NWR is just a 3 mile walk from the Majestic View Nature Center, take a look at the self guided trail on Google Maps.
- Virtual Water Bike Tour Video: Available June 1
- Learn about Arvada’s water on a virtual bike tour along the Ralston Creek Trail.
- Arvada Trail Passport: Self-guided activity challenges
- Test your trail etiquette knowledge and become an Arvada Trail Explorer by visiting Arvada trails and completing passport challenges. Return completed passport to Majestic View during public hours after June 19 for an explorer prize.
- Follow Majestic View on social to see these featured trails and work towards passport challenges between June 1-5:
- June 1: Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge Trails
- June 2: Van Bibber Creek Trail
- June 3: Rocky Mountain Greenway Trail
- June 4: Leyden Creek Trail
- June 5: Majestic View Trails
- View explore on your own on other major and local Arvada Trails.
In-Person Activities at Majestic View Park
Please click the button below to register for these presentations. Covid restrictions may still apply.
7030 Garrison St
- Guided Walk: Meet at Majestic View at 7:45, walk at 8-9:30 a.m. Registrations Required
- Enjoy the views of nature with a community volunteer. Bring your water and walking shoes for this short walk through and around Majestic View Park.
- Bicycle Trail/Street Rides: Meet at the upper lot in Majestic View Park, off of 72nd and Carr St. at 8:45, ride at 9-10:30 a.m.
- Our traditional Trails Day bike rides are back with Bike Friendly Arvada! Bring your helmet and get rolling on the 4-mile family ride or the 15-mile recreational ride.
- Snake Talk-Tails on the Trails: Meet at Majestic View at 9 a.m. Registrations Required
- Nature enjoys our trail and parks just as much as we do. Learn more about these slithering creatures to better understand them and see some live ones up close!
Activities at Two Ponds NWR
9210 W 80th Ave
Visit anytime between dawn and dusk to partake in self-guided nature walks as your explore the trails in the Refuge. Please park at the Arvada Health Center at 80th and Kipling. No dogs allowed on the refuge.
For questions about Trails Day, call 720-898-7405.
For more information about Two Ponds, visit their website.
Presented by Majestic View Nature Center, Two Ponds NWR, Bike Friendly Arvada, and Arvada Park Advisory Committee.